Friday 22 November 2013

November Christmas Card Class

These are the three cards we created in this month's Christmas card class.




I have seen so many beautiful cards created with this lovely Christmas stamp set.

I particularly wanted to try and create a card stamping the poinsettia on vellum and giving it some dimension.

I also embossed the background card stock to give it a bit more interest as well as lightly inking the edges.

Because it is necessary to stamp the poinsettia twice and cut the middle image out to pop up I also adhered the leftover pieces from cutting out underneath the flower to make it appear fuller.

I am so pleased with the results.  I think one of my favourite cards for this year.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Vellum, Inkpads - Crumb Cake (also used to ink around the edges), White Craft Ink with White Embossing Powder, Stamp Set - Joyful Christmas, Ribbon - Baked Brown Sugar In Colour, Embossing Folder - Northern Flurry


I must admit I really love the colours of Crisp White, Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green together.  They just say it is all about Christmas.  On this card I used the Hearts A Flutter stamp set to create the banner across the card.  First time I have used this set which I bought when it was 25% off.  Just love how versatile it is going to be.  I haven't bought the matching framelits as yet, but it was very easy to cut them out by hand.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Stamp Sets - Hearts a Flutter, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Festive Flurry, Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots, Punches - Word Window, Modern Label, Framelits - Festive Flurry, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (now retired) and gemstone





Another card in my favourite colours of Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green.  A very simple card using only the Wishing You stamp set.  I actually created this card for our team get together as it was necessary for everyone to provide a very simple make n take.  May be simple and use minimum supplies, but looks a million dollars.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Whisper White, Stamp Sets - Wishing You, Inkpads - Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Gemstone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...