Thursday 14 June 2012

Reason to Smile

As I mentioned in my previous post I have been creating a couple of sample cards with the Reason to Smile "FREE" stamp set.  For my first card I decided to use some of the many ideas which Stampin'Up! provide on our Demonstrator Websites.   This card is based on the Dream 4" x 4" Card  which if you click on the link it will take you to the original sample along with many other samples provided by Stampin'Up!  

I made a couple of changes to the card by using Rich Razzleberry ink for the flower head and sentiment and as I didn't have the sentiment stamp set used in the sample I used one that I already had.  Also used Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine.




My next card I would like to show how with a few extra bits and pieces you  you can change your basic card.  So this card I created the same basic card and then added Crystal Effects to the stamped flowers on both the green and the flower head.  I also stamped an extra flower head and pop dotted this over the main image.  I changed my sentiment and stamped over the top of the stem and added gemstones.

So as you can see this card has now been given a different look just by a few small changes.

Why not try this next time you create a card.  Also check out some of the projects that Stampin'Up! have provided for inspiration by going to Tracey's Stampin'Up! Website Project Ideas

Basic Supplies used:  Cardstock - Whisper White and Wild Wasabi, Inkpads - Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry, Stamp Sets - Reason to Smile and Field Flowers, Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine, Punch - Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Extra supplies used on second card:  Crystal Effects, Gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...