Saturday 19 May 2012

Sketches with a Twist - May Challenge

Finally got back to doing a scrapbook challenge with Sketches with a Twist.  This is the sketch and the twist was you had to sew somewhere on your layout either with hand stitching or machine stitching.  I really liked the look of this sketch so had to give it a go.


And here is my layout.  I used Twitterpated DSP again and handmade all my flowers and rosettes out of satin ribbon or the new pleated ribbon - love that red colour.  I even covered a button myself - next time I will stamp on the material before I cover the button.  Hard to see in the photo but I did do some hand stitching around the Title circle and the square on the left hand side using Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.  No stamping on this one but I did use my dies, punches and white gel pen.  Hope you all enjoy my layout.


Supplies used:  Twitterpated DSP, Cardstock - Riding Hood Red and Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon, Basic Gray Satin Ribbon,  Circle Scissors, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, White Gel Pen, Eyelet Border Punch, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Beautiful Wings and Swirls Scribbles Dies, Paper Piercing Tool (Covered Button and Pearls were from my own stash).

8 comments:

  1. what a lovely layout, the pinks, reds go very nicely with the greys, I love it! thanks for playing along with us at swat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. This looks beautiful.. the red really makes the layout so eye catching..the photos look so special too.. thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it cant wait to see it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! The colors are wonderful and you did a fantastic job with this sketch! A great looking layout all around. Thanks for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this month~
    Raechelle- SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a beautiful layout! Everything goes together so well, and I just love all your handmade embellishments. Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining our May challenge at Sketches With a Twist. :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your minimal choice of colors together as it really adds an elegance to your page and the pop of red is so very eyecatching. You have interpretted the sketch wonderfully and I love the addition of the two extra little photos. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist.
    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...